What is the purpose of the app GouvCheck?
With GouvCheck, you can authenticate an official document issued in Luxembourg, in real time and for free, using a QR code printed on the document.
How do I use GouvCheck?
Anyone can check the authenticity of an official document which has a GouvCheck QR code .
It is simple to verify an official document:
- Download the app with your smartphone or tablet from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app on your smartphone/tablet.
- Scan the QR code on the document that you want to authenticate.
- The app tells you whether the QR code is valid and you can check whether the data on the document match those displayed by the app.
Thus, it is impossible to commit fraud by printing a fake QR code on the document.
N.B.: GouvCheck enables you to authenticate a document, but cannot replace the document itself.
Whom is the app for?
The app is designed for any person who wants to check the authenticity of an official document issued by an administrative body. It is free.
Which documents does it work with?
Any document which can be authenticated by the app has a QR code, which can be identified because it carries the GouvCheck logo:
- Accommodation voucher
- Building permit
- Certificate of registration of a reference address
- Certificate of voter registration
- Certificate of life
- Certificate of vaccination against COVID-19
- Criminal record certificate
- "Digital Skills" training voucher
- Extended residence certificate
- Fishing licence
- Ministerial authorisation for abnormal road transport
- Proof of payment - identity card
- Proof of payment - passport
- Residence certificate
- Road-building permit
- Welcome and Integration Contract
What are the benefits of GouvCheck?
|The document was issued by an official body. It holds legal value.||The information shown on the document have not been altered.||The document can be verified at any time without the need for an internet connection.|
What is a QR code?
A QR code is used to represent encoded data so they can be read by electronic devices such as smartphones or tablets and interpreted by an application. To interpret the GouvCheck QR code, which is easily recognisable by the logo , you need a smartphone or tablet with a camera, and the GouvCheck app, which can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.